Tuesday 6 May 2014

April Favourites!

This April, I was on a Makeup exploration. I decided to dig up some of my forgotten stash and remind myself how much I used to love them. But of course, there are new products too!



First, NARS Sheer Glow. I used have this on my face every single day. When the first bottle was used up, I ran out to purchase another, but I forgot about it  and it was left on my shelf, lovely and opened. When I was looking through my stash last month, I so damn excited about it. It was like a hidden treasure!


I am using the shade Gobi (the sticker at the bottom fell out). Nars Sheer glow is a really lightweight foundation and it last a whole day on my oily combination skin. I do powder my T-zone, to help absorb some oiliness.


Bourjois Delice de Poudre is a new find in April. I have always wanted to get this bronzer but never did it till recently, I don't really know why. Took the plunge in April and never looked back. It a great shade to bronze up the face a little without looking too orange like a oompa-loompa. 



It is such an affordable bronzer and we all know how difficult it is to find a great formulated bronzer in the drugstore. 


Oh, it smells like chocolate too!


Mac Studio Finish Concealer

I was on a hunt for a high coverage concealer as I have been having a little of a breakout recently then I decided to jump onto the Mac Studio Finish Concealer bandwagon. It is great!


I am a NC20, it covers up all my little blemishes beautifully. Best of all, it last a whole day on my skin. I use a small concealer brush and dab it on lightly. The formulation is thick and creamy, it absolutely applies like a dream.




I think this must be the highlight of my month! Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. I used to have this in a different shade (Bronze), but I dropped it and it shattered, so did my heart. Because it has 5 different shades, it was quite a pain trying to fix it. 


 After a long time, I decided to purchase another one! This time in Rose. I LOVE IT!



You can use the colours individually as eye shadows. All together as a blush or just the lighter shades as a highlight. Really versatile.




A really gorgeous shade when it is all mixed together.


Originz Ginzing Moisturiser! Another forgotten product that i used to love.


I never really like applying a moisturiser on my face before makeup as it does not always sit well. I didn't really like the thick sticky feeling on my skin. Then, I found this! 


It is a really lightweight moisturiser was a refreshing scent to it. It kind of wakes me up a little when I put this on my face every morning. Do not get me wrong, it does not tingle or whatsoever. It is like it says, Energy-boosting.


It absorbs really quickly into my skin and I can apply my foundation smoothly after.


 Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm was just a random find.


In the shade, Ingenue.  It is a brown-nude shade with a twist up pencil. It does not dry out my lips and it gives a very nice sheen to my lips.







Mac Pro Longwear Paint pot in Painterly. I have really oily eyelids and most eye makeup products smudges on me. I use this as a base before putting on my eyeshadows, it helps even out the colour on my eyelid, prevents it from smudging and creasing. This has really solved my problems.



As you can see, it is really well loved.


Another shade like Soft Ochre would be good too, it depends on your skin tone. Find one that suits your skin tone to avoid changing the shade of your eye shadow.


Nars Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi, Ce Soir Palette. Trust me, I cannot pronounce that either. It is a mouthful. I apologise for the dirty powdery palette, I can never keep Nars Packaging clean.


Bought this for a trip overseas last time as I thought it would be a convenient palette. With 2 blushes and 4 eyeshadows. Good quality and pigmented products.




The blushes are in shade Deep Throat and Dolce Vita.


Top row of eye shadows, Molokai and Antanarivo. I like using this 2 shades all of my lid, it gives a nice glow to my eyes.


Bottom row, Lhasa and Ragoun. This 2 shades are great for nights out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment