Wednesday 23 April 2014

Light lunch at Tim Ho Wan Westgate


I have always wanted to try Tim Ho Wan. Especially seeing the long queue when it first opened its first outlet in Singapore at Plaza Singapura. I am such a typical Singaporean. 


When i saw that it has opened another outlet at Westgate,  I was thrilled! A 5 minutes drive from my place and I might not have to queue 3 hours just for dimsum.


For those of you who do not know, Tim Ho Wan is a Michelin Star dim sum eatery from Hong Kong. It is said to be not only good, but affordable.



Rice with Beef and Fried Egg - $6

The rice was a little dry, the only moisture that is added to the dish is the sauce which is the same as the Vermicelli roll. Nothing special.



Prawn Dumpling - $5.50

It is a bigger than regular Prawn Dumpling. I have always loved this dish since young, so i thought i'll have to try Tim Ho Wan's version. I must say, it is pretty good. The skin was thin enough and the prawn filling was really nice to chew on. Perfectly steamed. But, if i could improve on it, i would like the skin to have a little more texture.





Baked Bun with BBQ Pork - $4.50

This must be my favourite at Tim Ho Wan. I have no regrets ordering this and it has definitely lived up to its name of being one of the 4 Heavenly Kings at Time Ho Wan. Must try dish! Soft and fluffy bun with a nice crust and sweet BBQ pork inside.



Vermicelli Roll with BBQ Pork - $5.50

Really soft vermicelli roll with fragrant BBQ Pork. The sauce was perfectly balanced, real compliment with the vermicelli roll. It just had a little too much spring onions for my liking.

3 Gateway Drive #01-13/14
Westgate, Jurong East
Singapore 608532
Tel: (65) 6686 2000

Opening Hours 
11.00am – 10.00pm (Monday  – Friday)
10.00am – 10.00pm (Sat/Sun and Public Holiday)
Last Order @ 0930pm


No comments:

Post a Comment